In some very rare cases, Microsoft Edge is clearing the history and logging out of websites every time you close it.
Only follow these instructions if you think this is happening to you. If you are unsure come and ask us a question on The Clubroom.
This is a rough guide to help out a couple of Inner Circle members with this problem.
An easy way to test if this problem affects you:
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Log in to an online account like Amazon.
- Then just close Edge without logging out of the website.
- Then open Edge again and go back to Amazon or Google and if you are still logged in then this isn’t a problem.
- If you are logged out of the account then this is likely caused by the problem below, but come and ask us first.
Quick guide to fix the problem below.
- Open Microsoft Edge – This applies to the original Microsoft Edge, not the Microsoft Edge based on Chrome.
- Open the Top Right menu (three dots)
- Then click on Settings
- Click Privacy & Security
- Click the “Choose what to clear” button
- Make sure the top 4 are ticked and the rest are not
and make sure “always clear this when I close the browser” is set to “Off”